Sunday, February 28, 2010

Debriefing

Here, on the last day of February I realize that I successfully made it through my NaBloPoMo challenge for  the month.  Ok, ok.  So it is the shortest month of the year...but I still did it!!

The best part about it?  The best part is that it wasn't hard, difficult, or even challenging.  It was fun.  Therapeutic.  Even refreshing.  I enjoyed having an excuse to sit down and write every night.  It was nice to have a "deadline" to share stories and journal my life's happenings before these little moments get away.  The "requirement" to blog every day kept me on task.  Held me accountable.  I like that.

I found as the month went on that I had more ideas than I could even get out.  I could have posted a few times every day with the ideas I was starting in my head, in saved text messages (where I type them up as I think of things), or in Blogger draft form.  My brain was constantly going (like it usually does) only this time I had somewhere to purge those rampant thoughts and a vehicle through which to steer them into coherent stories.

I received another invite to keep going in March.  A new badge, a new challenge.  I'm considering it.  At the very least I am going to aim to post every day, but March is proving to be a crazy month so if I fall off the wagon, I'll just get back on another time.  We'll see how it goes.  In the meantime, thanks for reading.  I do appreciate it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so admire you for doing that, I wish I could stick to that for a month!