Monday, March 1, 2010

The 5-Minute Snowman

Yesterday I decided I wanted to make a snowman.  I've never actually made one, start to finish, so I figured, why not?  I had taken the dog out and was biding my time when I started the project.

I packed my first snowball and rolled it around to build the bottom of the snowman.  No sooner did I drop it in place when Avery came whizzing by and pounced on it.  She chewed up my snowman in seconds flat.

So I started again.  Quickly, I patted together a ball for the base.  I figured I'd go small.  I moved onto the second layer.

*Chomp*  *Chomp*  *Chomp*

Poor snowman.

Perhaps the third time is a charm?

Nope.  No such luck.

Finally Nathaniel came outside to join us.  He provided just enough distraction for the dog so I was able to put together my snowman.  It took me less than 5-minutes, total.  I slapped that sucker together so fast.  And I felt accomplished.

But Nate wasn't satisfied.

"Mommy", he said, "the snowman has no face".


So (quickly!) I gathered together some twigs, a couple stick pieces, and some miscellaneous dirt to make some eyes, a nose, arms, and mouth.


Avery was distracted by the rest of the stick I had broken the arms off of so she was off chewing in the background while we worked furiously to build our 2-feet-high snowman before she decided to ruin our fun (again!). 
Time for one quick picture.



Then before I knew it, Nathaniel took a stick to my snowman.  Like a Major League Baseball player he was batting at my masterpiece until there was no more.  Just snow and sticks and dirt strewn about. 


Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted.  Now I'm off to build a 3-minute Lego Castle before Alex decides to knock it over on me.

1 comment:

Shana Putnam said...

I know! I get into building with Blaze's blocks and then out of nowhere they go flying. The snowman was cute anyway!