Thursday, February 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...February 25, 2010

FOR TODAY...February 25, 2010





Outside my window...snow.  There is talk of a snowstorm "of historical proportions" tonight and tomorrow.  Possibility of 2-4' with 74 mph winds.  According to the page Dave got from Accuweather on his work pager, this storm has the potential to look to Western New Yorkers like more of a "snow hurricane" than a blizzard.  They're calling for widespread power outages lasting a week or more.  Sounds fun!  We'll believe it when we see it though.  It all sounds a little dramatic to me!  To be safe, Dave got some gas for the generator and we're stocking up on bread and milk...just in case.
I am thinking...of all the social travel plans we have coming up in the next few weeks.  There's a possibility for a plane trip to NYC to visit Tiff & Brie, a road trip with family to Massachusetts, and a LONG weekend trip to Arizona for Mommy without the boys (!!!) coming up in April. 
I am thankful for...the love and support of many friends who encourage me to be the best I can be and take chances to enrich my life and the life of my family.  My friends are true inspirations who make me realize all things are possible!
From the kitchen...silence.  Except for the soft whisperings of a certain package of Oreos which I'm pretty sure are trying to convince me to eat them.  I will continue pretending to ignore them...
I am wearing...maroon sweatpants, a hand-me-down Harley Davidson T-shirt from my husband, my fuzzy black robe.
I am remembering...that there is a load of laundry in the washer that needs to be switched over to the dryer before I call it a night.  I can't forget to do that or it will be stinky tomorrow and I'll have to start all over.
I am reading...this blog.  It was referenced in another woman's blog I read regularly and I am just pained by her story.  How quickly this could be me, or you, or anyone we know.  How often have I turned my back, left the room to grab a towel or answer the phone.  I take comfort in hearing their splashes, never being far enough away to not hear their laughing and playing.  But it only takes a second to change everything.
I am hoping...that my husband gets to leave work on time tonight and not get ordered to stay longer.  I hope that the weather stays steady and doesn't dump on us as they predict and leave us stranded.  However, if it does get bad, I hope against hope that somehow I won't have to go in to work tomorrow!!
I am hearing...Avery snoring her doggy dreams at my feet.  
Pondering these words..."You fail at 100% of the things you do not try" (or some similar adage)
Around the house...it is painfully quiet.  After the kids go to bed I shut off the TV and just relish in the quiet.  However tonight, after reading the story above, I wish I had someone jumping on me or crying for me.  All the whining I endured earlier in the evening would be music to my ears as I realize how blessed I am with my beautiful boys.
On my mind...the busy month ahead.  I should be getting Nathaniel's birthday party invites out to family and friends.  His party is in three weeks.  There is a lot potentially happening between now and then so I need to prepare a little ahead for a change.  I still don't know what to get him for his birthday.  We have a scooter we bought him for Christmas that we decided to hold off on until his birthday.  I also ordered the Lots And Lots of Firetrucks video set for him.  We've been watching the infomercial on YouTube and he LOVES it!  He even runs around the house singing the song.  I had wanted to get him the LeapFrog Touch Pen thing but would have to order that soon if it's going to get here in time.  Oh, the joys of being a procrastinator.  
Noticing that...drinking Diet Pepsi almost always gives me an instantaneous headache.
One of my favorite things...my laptop.  It makes me feel connected to the world.  It gives me a voice.  And it holds some of my most prized possessions (my PHOTOS!)
A few plans for the rest of the week: Seeing as I'm doing this later in the week than usual, I have few plans left for the rest of the week.  Tomorrow I hope to enjoy some family time with the hubby home from work.  Probably take the kids sledding or at least get them outside this weekend.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Avery is fitting in fine around here.  She's had very few house breaking accidents in the house and seems very smart in picking up commands.  

No comments: