Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...March 16, 2010




FOR TODAY...March 16, 2010

Outside my window...it's dark.  I am very behind today so I'm typing this (literally) in the eleventh hour.  Couldn't miss TWO days in a row for NaBloPoMo, though!!!
I am thinking...about the RBTL show I just got home from.  I saw Grease.  It was a great version.  I've seen it a couple other times but this production/performance was pretty good.  Sadly, it's the last show of our season.  We usually go into April or May but not this year :(  
I am thankful for...FRIENDS.  I know I say this a lot but I really DO have the best friends a girl could possibly ask for!  Without them, I would be lost.  
From the kitchen...Avery is sleeping on her bed.  I think my Keurig is calling me for a late night cup of coffee before bed.  If I didn't think it would keep me up, I'd listen to it!!
I am wearing...hand-me-down Harley T-shirt from my hubby and my comfy polka dot pants....I wish I had socks on though!  Chilly toes!
I am remembering...the FABULOUS weekend the boys and I had in NYC with Tiff & Brie!  I am SO glad we made the trip!  The kids were fantastic and the company was perfect!  We had nasty weather on Fri/Saturday (READ:  Hurricane!) but I extended the weekend another day and we made up for it on Sunday with a trip on the Subway into the Big Apple!!  What fun!  
I am creating...a photo book of our NYC trip.  I haven't started it yet (or even uploaded my photos for that matter) but that is my plan.  Before I forget the stories and places I want to write it down.  It will be called "I CAN DO IT - 2010" :)  
I am going...to bed soon.  The weekend wiped me out! 
I am reading...a lot of blogs I am behind on (I hope!) - I have a lot of catching up to do!
I am hoping...that I don't forget any more blogging days in March.  I had a plan to dedicate all my posts this week to my birthday boy and now I'm behind.  I will have to make up for it somehow!  
I am hearing...the news.  My husband is watching it...
Pondering these words..."Run for your lives, PEOPLE!"...Nate was yelling this in NYC when he saw what he claimed to be a monster in a building (otherwise known as a giant bronze statue of Atlas holding the earth).  I can't help but smile when I tell this story (to anyone who will listen!)
Around the house...we have a whole new fleet of rescue vehicles acquired in NYC this weekend.  I think we have at least 3 new fire trucks (FDNY!), four new police cars/SUVs (NYPD!) and a police helicopter, fire boat, NYC Taxi, NYC bus, and who knows what else.  If there is ever a fire or emergency here, we'll be covered!! 
On my mind...my big boy.  I still can't believe that he will be 4-years-old in 5 days.  It's crazy!  He has grown up SO much in the last year.  
Noticing that...the pizza I ate for dinner gave me wicked heartburn.  I think this calls for a glass of milk to quench the fire.
One of my favorite things...my pillow.  I am looking forward to plopping my head on it tonight!!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Sushi lunch with Pam tomorrow (SO looking forward to it!), Walk 'N Talk, Nate's birthday party and Peter Pan with Becky Brown for Nate's big 4th birthday!!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My big boy.  

No comments: