Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...March 9, 2010

FOR TODAY...March 9, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the snow is melting...it's a beautiful faux Spring day.  :)

I am thinking...of all the things I want/need to accomplish today.  Work deadlines.  Airline tickets for our trip to Arizona in April.  Packing for our big road trip to NYC this weekend.  Laundry. Tax Appointment.  Mapquest directions.  Blogs set up to post while I'm gone for NaBloPoMo. 

I am thankful for...good friends who keep me going, motivate me, inspire me, support me, and love me unconditionally.

I am wearing...khakis and a too-warm sweater.  I was trying to hide in "comfortable" clothes today (READ: Frumpy) but it's proving to be too warm for this attire.  I wish I had on a t-shirt and comfy pants....

I am remembering...everything I need to DO!  Everything I need to pack to have an arsenal of tricks of my sleeve for our upcoming 6-hour car ride.  Did I mention it's just me, a three-year-old, and a one-year-old?  I'm super excited about the trip but nervous about getting there!

I am creating...a plan of attack for this week and the rest of the busy month of March!

I am going...on a road trip to NYC with the boys this weekend!! In case I hadn't mentioned that already!

I am reading...nothing again.  I leave this question in to motivate me to find a good answer for it before my next Simple Woman's Daybook and yet I always seem to have nothing to report.  I will have to work on that.

I am hoping...this head cold clears up sooner than later.  I want to be healthy and energized for our trip to NYC to visit Tiff and Brie this weekend.  Did I happen to mention yet that I'm looking VERY forward to it!?! 

I am hearing...construction vehicles, birds chirping, welcome sounds of Spring!

Pondering these words...so many, actually.  The words are bouncing around my head like ping pong balls right now.  I can't seem to nail any of them down long enough to make them coherent. 

Around the house...mud, dog tracks, hats and mittens without owners. Signs of Spring!

On my mind...to do lists, responsibilities, obligations. It's never-ending!

Noticing that...even with my window open it's still hotter than heck in here.

One of my favorite things...it seems trite, but I'm going to say Facebook.  I know the evils of Facebook and the overwhelming addictive quality it holds, but it is such a wealth of information, support, and friendship for me during this period of my life.  I have met up with some great people on Facebook, made stronger friendships with people I knew but didn't know before, mended some bridges, and found old friends.  For every complaint and/or frustration I have with Facebook, I think it's a great way to connect with people and feel a wider community of support than time generally allows for. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Packing, Popcorn & PJs w/ Heidi and the gang(!), ROAD TRIP!!!!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
My little guy is nearing 18-months-old and boy, has his personality busted out lately.  Suddenly, out of nowhere, he has a strong will, a loud opinion, and a temper to boot if he doesn't get his way, immediately.  Gone is that quiet, sensitive boy who was so laid back and easy going you could take him anywhere, at any time and do anything without worry.  He's definitely beginning to assert himself.  And he's quite vocal when he's disapproving of your answer!  He still listens well and seems relatively easy to reason with for a 1 1/2 year old, but it's almost funny when he throws a fit.  Watching this tiny little package yell, or throw something twice his weight.  Ha!  I mean it's not funny and I tell him so...but I have to laugh about it in retrospect!  Plus he's a little trouble-causer.  He's always instigating fights with his brother.  He may be small, but he's a wiley one!   Beware!


Check out the Simple Woman's Daybook to read others' entries!


No comments: