So here is my list of some of the more prominent "little things" that I am deeply thankful for:
1. my digital camera - it captures precious moments, expressions, and the very personalities of the ones I love most in this world. It functions as my memory, my scrapbook, and my diary. It tells stories and helps me to relive good times, forgotten details, and lost innocence. I would be lost without this thing!
2. the internet - I'm not sure if this would be considered a little thing, but it's an easy to take for granted thing that I simply could not live without. In a financial crunch I think cable and heat would go before internet and I'd willingly walk 6 miles to work to be able to afford it if need be. Ok, so I'm (half) kidding. But the internet is my portal to the world, it has provided me with a gateway to a community in which I thrive. It easily provides me with information when I need it most. And the internet provides me with a means through which to satisfy my occasional need for retail therapy without having to pack up my kids and drag them out into the H1N1 infected world. I mean really, what would I do without Google, Facebook, Blogger, or Etsy?!?
3. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes - Children are dirty little creatures. Boys are even dirtier. Enter in a potty training boy and a toddler and you see why I am thankful for these little gems.
4. the eyelash curler - One of of the world's best inventions. Hands down the best thing since sliced bread! Enough said.
5. the snack trap - Without a doubt this thing saves my butt when I have a cranky, overtired, hungry, or otherwise miserable child on my hands. I can put ANYTHING in this cup and it creates an immediate hush. Raisins, cheerios, fruit snacks...you name it. It's fabulous. Self-feeding entertainment and enjoyment at its finest.