Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blankets for Babies

I am part of a fabulous group of women and mothers (we call ourselves the Hens, as in mother hens). Under the fantastic direction of my friend, Tiffany, we have started a volunteer schedule of events. Tiffany has selflessly taken on the responsibilities of coordinating some upcoming volunteer activities for our group. She has set us up with opportunities for us to share our gifts and blessings with others who are less fortunate or who have been dealt difficult circumstances. Our latest endeavor involves making no-sew fleece blankets to donate to children at our local hospital. Some of these children come to the hospital with nothing and a soft blanket is great to give to them for warmth and security!



So we took a trip to the local craft store to pick out the fleece to use for our blankets. I was in awe with the gigantic selection of adorable prints they offered! I didn't know where to start! I finally narrowed it down to a girl print, a boy print, and a gender neutral print. But I would have liked get a ton more! Tomorrow we are gathering to make the blankets and Tiffany will be collecting more blankets from others who have made them independently and will deliver them to the hospital on our behalf.






I am so proud to be a part of this project, and am thrilled beyond belief to belong to such a fabulous group of women who are willing to give of their time, talents, and resources to help others who would otherwise do without. Thank you for being such great role models so that I may teach these valuable lessons to my children through ACTION!


*if anyone is interested in making one of these no-sew blankets for our collection to go to Golisano Children's Hospital, please let me know. For those farther away, feel free to do something similar for your own local hospitals and spread the love where you are!

No comments: