Thursday, November 12, 2009

Reality Check...

There's a fun weekly photo challenge over at I Should Be Folding Laundry called You Capture that I have been following for some time.



I've been checking out other people's submissions regularly but decided this week I might like to participate.  I'm feeling a bit like sharing some good old fashioned honesty, (and of course, I'm always looking for inspirational ideas such as this to uphold my NaBloPoMo bargain of blogging every day in November!).

This week's theme is Real Life.

My life isn't glamorous but it's certainly never dull!
Here's some of my reality:

My son, more often than not, does NOT want me to take his photo *gasp* and often yells "Don't take my picture {...or sing, dance, hug, kiss, etc...} Mommy!"




My son (and my husband and I) have not yet mastered the art of cleaning up - especially when it comes to Nate's bedroom.  It's a disaster and I simply can't keep up with it...




Laundry in our house is never ending...it takes a whole week to wash it all and then even longer to fold it and put it all away.  By then it's time to start all over...




Dinner is rarely gourmet or all that particularly healthy (though I make the best choices I can under the circumstances - e.g. TURKEY hot dogs, no sugar added applesauce, fruit, veggies, yogurt, low-fat cheese sticks, etc.).  And I'll be honest...the vegetables are offered but RARELY eaten.  Nathaniel thinks anything green is poison and carrots (literally) make him gag and throw up.  I hope that's just a stage...




We yell/cry/throw temper tantrums a lot around here.






But at the end of the day, I love my boys more than anything!

And catching them sleeping like little angels always makes my day!




7 comments:

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Great shots! And I'm glad you joined in You Capture. :)

Shana Putnam said...

Holy cow I thought that was Blaze's room! I so do not feel bad anymore because i have not mastered the art of cleaning up yet either. I would go take a pic to prove it but my darn camera is dead.

Colleen said...

The crying/screaming baby shots are great and soooo real life!

Bunch of Barrons said...

How cute! :) My little guy hates anything green too. ;)

Unknown said...

Your real life is very beautiful! Wow. So wonderful! I just love it : ). Aren't they precious when they sleep! Just the cutest thing ever!

Tezzie said...

Great real life captured! Beautiful pictures and gorgeous little boys!! :D (and I have to commend you for being much braver than I was...I had to cheat and at least clean the kitchen before I took the pic! lol )

Heidi said...

Love love love love love this post! It captures so much of "real" life. It is not all sunshine and roses, and yet it is still so wonderful in the end!