Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...November 30, 2010

FOR TODAY...November 30, 2010


Outside my window...the skies are gray...rain is falling...it's warmer than it has been...the wind is quieter than it has been lately, too.

I am thinking...that it's time to do one of these again, it's been a while and this doesn't require a lot of brain power but delivers big journalling benefits.

I am thankful for...my health.  I had a bit of a medical scare yesterday and it reminded me that life is short.  Not that I was on death's door, but there were a lot of unknowns, a lot of tests, a lot of waiting, and a lot of questions still unanswered, but at least I know I didn't have a stroke, an aneurysm, or a brain tumor so that's good.  It reminds me to take care of myself, appreciate all that I do have, and love those in my life as often and loudly as possible!

From the kitchen...dishes need to be washed, piles need to be sorted, magazines need to be perused.

I am wearing...my (current) favorite pair of comfy cozy pants.  Flannel shirt.  Robe.  Real stylin' today, I know.

I am remembering...to stay up until midnight tonight to attempt to submit a grant for my beloved 2  & 3-year-old classrooms at Family Resource Centers!  Hopefully it works this month...7th (?) times a charm, no?

I am creating...a Christmas plan.  Who to buy for, what to get, where its cheapest, etc.  I'm running out of time!

I am going...to pick up some old time photos I had done of the boys for a fundraiser at Shawn's school (My BFF's son).  I can't wait to see them...they looked SO cute getting them done so I can only imagine!

I am reading...Thirteen Reasons Why, by Jay Asher.  I know, I know...but don't get too excited.  I've been reading it for a month or so and am only 40 pages in so I don't have high hopes for my being able to complete THIS reading project, either.

I am hoping...to feel up to going back to work tomorrow at 100%.  I have a grant due tomorrow and one due Friday that require my mental fortitude and I can't provide that 100% right now.  So, I hope tomorrow is a new day and sunshine and lollipops wake up with me instead of storm clouds!

I am hearing...Goofy on the TV, Nate putting out fires in PontyPandy on the computer, and Dave snoring loudly napping on the couch with Alex.

Pondering these words...
"Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever?  If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back.  What if you got it back?" - Mitch Albom, For One More Day

I got this audio book out of the library and listened to it driving back and forth to work in three days...it was a great book and I love this guy's "voice"...I will definitely read more by Mitch Albom (Tuesdays for Morrie, The Five People You Meet in Heaven)

Around the house...I felt like I had finally won the ware against laundry (for about 5 minutes) over the weekend and looking around I realize, quite sadly, that I have not.  The battle rages on...

On my mind...my boys.  Again, not to be melodramatic, but I worry about them and what would happen to me if I were suddenly gone one day.  Life is so fragile and so out of my control.  It scares me.  My anxiety is at an all time high so that's not helping matters.

Noticing that...I'm going to have my hands full with Nate.  He has a serious coping skills issue.  Of course I hope its just his age, but he's so quick to get mad and frustrated.  He's always looking for the quick fix, gets angry if it's "too hard", and gives up too easily!  I'm not sure where to go with this, but it's becoming a problem.

One of my favorite things...my new computer system that stores and backs up my photos - (Thanks Joey!) - It's so nice having all of my digital photos (or at least most of them!) at quick glance.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Popcorn and PJs (can't wait!!), lunch with my old City Hall girls,  Melon Bean, hopefully feeling better.  

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Thanksgiving 2009 
(Would you believe I didn't have my camera this year for even ONE photo?!?)

No comments: