Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Googlie Mooglie

The boys and I are incessantly rocking out to this fabulous group of children's musicians, called The Jimmies.  And when I say "rocking out", I do mean ROCKING...these guys R-O-C-K.  They make listening to usually mindless, brain numbing children's music fun, entertaining, and cool!!  I think I love listening to them as much as my kids do.


So far be it from me to squelch my 4-year-old's desire to take one of the songs, Googlie Mooglie, and try it out in real life.  The song sings about a soothes-your-soul type concoction that is part "health" drink, part old wives tale, and 100% good old fashioned family tradition.

The words go:

"My Papa is a healthy guy, 
never sick a day in his life, 
and if ya had a cold or an ache, 
he'd give you this advice...
drink a Googlie Mooglie, 
he'd have one every day...
a Googlie Mooglie, 
he'd mix it and he'd say...
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 
then he'd start all over again 
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 ,4 ,3 ,2 ,1
and now your Googlie Mooglie is done."

"He'd take butter and sugar, and boiling hot milk 
and mix it all up in a glass...
and if you were willing to drink it on down, 
what was ailing you surely would pass..."


So, when we got home today after listening to this song, Nathaniel says to me, "Mommy, I want to make a Googlie Mooglie".  To which I replied, "Ok, do you know how?"

Silly me.

"Yes, Mommy!", Nate exclaimed...and then proceeded to sing the line above.  So that's exactly what we did...we "took butter, and sugar, and boiling hot milk and mixed it all up in a glass".  

There you have a Googlie Mooglie.  

Voila!  

It didn't taste half bad, except for the whole really bad for you part.  I kept telling myself it was cake batter, without the eggs or flour.  I can see how drinking one of those every day might keep you healthy.  Ok so maybe not healthy, but at least happy!  (Although, definitely not skinny!)  Just wait till he decides he wants Green Eggs and Ham for breakfast!  What fun!



No comments: