Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...July 27, 2010

FOR TODAY...July 27, 2010

Outside my window...Glorious sunshine. 

I am thinking...about the family of a friend who lost her life in a tragic motorcycle accident over the weekend.  It's a painful reminder how short life can be.  

I am thankful for...my family, the time I am given with them.  The love they give to me and all that they teach me each and every day.

From the kitchen...it's pretty empty these days.  Three days from our (still undetermined, yet potential) closing date.  We sold our stove on Craigslist so we've been doing a lot of cereal and sandwich type dinners, as well as eating out.  I don't mind the eating out, but it's severely impeding my progress towards weight loss - I had hoped to be more successful at by now.

I am wearing...one of the only things that fit (both my body and my self esteem) appropriately.  I long for the period of big fluffy dresses that could hide these "problem areas".

I am remembering...to focus on the positive...the good things about moving on.  It's very easy to get stuck on the things I will miss, the changes that we'll have to make.  I must remember to look at the silver lining.

I am creating...a list of people to call - utilities to transfer, cancel, start...address to change...etc.

I am going...home to pack the basement, I hope.  My sister is coming over to keep tabs on the boys for me while I make some progress.  The rest of the house is in good shape - we're just in a holding pattern.  Waiting for a closing date so we know if/when we should throw the last of the stuff in a box...I can live out of a box for a few days but if it's going to be a week or more, I'd rather wait.  I just wish I knew!

I am reading...ha!  That's a good one!

I am hoping...to survive this week, get settled in to the new place, and resume some semblance of normalcy.  I worry about all the new changes, schedules, patterns, routines.  I know we will be fine, but I still worry.

I am hearing...my iPod.  I am loving my iPod lately.

Pondering these words..."Never look down on anyone . . . unless you are helping them up".. - Erin Majors

Around the house...full boxes stacked tall - empty corners, closets, and drawers. 

On my mind...the closing, the move, the calling hours and funeral for Lucille, a grant that's due Friday, the kids' well-being. 

Noticing that...I'm a stress-eater.  I used to think it was because I was bored, but I've realized I eat to avoid tackling things that stress me out or to avoid having to think about them...it makes sense, really.  I get anxiety over stressful things and eating makes me happy so would I rather stress or eat?!?!  Hmmm...now to do something about it and counter-act the effects of the last few weeks (years!?!)  :) 


A few plans for the rest of the week: closing on both houses, moving, unpacking, settling-in, Hilton Carnival/Parade, Calling Hours/Funeral...

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

No Walk n Talk tomorrow? Do we need to postpone until the move is complete and you are settled into a new routine again? Let us know when you finally get a date, Joey will be there with bells on if he can!