Monday, December 6, 2010

Obsessed

Hi.  My name is Shana.  I *gulp* am a silly band-aholic.


As with everything else, I am a day late and a dollar short as it seems this trend is already in most people's rear view mirror.  But lately, I (no, not the kids...ME) have been obsessed with silly bandz.

I'm not sure what it is about these clever little plastic bracelets.  Perhaps it's the fond nostalgia of my own jelly bracelet fad growing up. 
It could be the pretty colors, or the brilliant simplicity.  Maybe it's the surprise of finding out "what it is" when you take it off and untwist it.

Who knows, but I dig them.  It's a childish obsession I have lately.

I buy them for the boys yet they have no interest whatsoever.  Alex likes to put them on and take them off a hundred times and Nate thinks they're rubber bands for shooting at the dog or his baby brother.  So I find myself wearing them and collecting them and hoarding them.  I've even considered staging my own silly band swap (think chain letter)!  It's a sickness.  I think I need help.

No comments: