Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...August 17, 2010

FOR TODAY...August 17, 2010

Outside my window...SUN!  Today is the perfect day (except that I have to work!) - warm, breezy, sunny summer day!

I am thinking...about how lucky I am to be surrounded by such a rich troop of friends.  Nate said something earlier that struck me...we were talking about pre-school starting soon and he was telling me a story about all the new friends he was going to meet on the school bus.  He stops and says, "I really like friends, Mom"...Me, too, baby...Me, too!

I am thankful for...our new house.  We're settling in, box by box, and now that the boys are back into a routine and more on schedule, things are less chaotic.  I'm very thankful for the nature and the room and the experiences we will have here.

From the kitchen...new fridge and stove!!  Yippee!  Albeit most of my food/dishes are still in boxes I can't find, but at least I can finally cook my boys a decent meal for dinner!  We've been eating sandwiches and toaster foods for over a week.  It's a wonder what a difference a MICROWAVE makes!


I am wearing...really comfortable terry gaucho pants...So comfy!

I am remembering...to bring everything I need for Walk 'N Talk (!) with Heidi to work with me tomorrow.  Dave will drop the boys off to me in the City and we will have to hit Target and/or grab dinner before hooking up with Heidi and Chloe at the park to walk!  I am so glad to be getting back on schedule!

I am creating...nothing.  At this point just unpacking boxes in my house is keeping me pretty busy!

I am going...to try to hit the hay early tonight.  I only got about 6 hours of sleep last night and it was making a big difference in my motivation and concentration today.  I have a grant due next week that I want to focus on...


I am reading...I hate this question.  The answer is always the same and I'm boring myself with my never-changing response.  Nothing.  I'm reading NOTHING!!!  Ok!??!  Are you happy!?!?  My brain might as well just shrivel up and die.  I know, I KNOW!

I am hoping...to get curtains hung up by the weekend.  It would feel a lot homier here if there were curtains up, I think.

I am hearing...crickets chirping.  So peaceful!

Pondering these words..."So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu, 
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu."  - Sound of Music.  I want to go to sleep now so Good night, to all!


Around the house...toys that haven't quite found their homes yet are strewn about the living room.  If only I knew where those blasted storage bins wound up in the move...

On my mind...my to do list.  A long list of chores and responsibilities and shouldas and couldas.

Noticing that...the evenings are actually getting cool enough that I have to switch off the fan to keep from freezing us out!  Does that mean Fall is in the air?!?!  Oh no!


One of my favorite things...new front porch.  I could sit out there for hours and just take in the fresh air and peaceful surroundings.  If only I had a mosquito net on, that is.  I swear that's the only thing that drives me in, though!  Otherwise I'd sleep out there!


A few plans for the rest of the week:  Walk 'N Talk with Heidi, finally!  Garage sale with Pam this weekend, more unpacking, hopefully a chance to see my family, who knows what else?!?


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...the sunset tonight from my front porch.


Check out more daybook entries at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments: