Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happiness is...

freshly baked cookies!!!

Hand stirred (and sampled) with love.

Patiently attended and supervised.

Watching them grow "bigger and bigger!"




Fresh baked cookies don't necessarily make me happy just because of the deliciousness factor (though that certainly helps!).  But for me, the ability to offer my kids the opportunity to make cookies means that things are starting to feel more like home around here.  For weeks Nathaniel would ask if we could bake cookies and I had to keep telling him that we couldn't (the ingredients were packed, the stove was disconnected, we had to buy a new stove, etc.).  Having our new stove hooked up, functional, and able to cook something as basic as cookies for my boys as a feel good treat on a chilly summer night...now that's happiness. 

No comments: