Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Letter to Nathaniel…as you start Kindergarten.

My Dearest Nate,

Today you will officially start your school “career” in Mrs. C’s Kindergarten class at KCS.

I will wake you up at 7 AM, feed you breakfast, make you brush your teeth, let you pick out your favorite outfit from your new school clothes pile, and get you out the door to wait for your school bus. As the bus rolls into view, you will no doubt jump and shout with glee. I will cry a little inside. Not because you are leaving, or even because you are growing up too fast (though you are!). I am crying tears of pride for the handsome boy you are growing up to be.

You are head strong and independent, opinionated and strong-willed. You don’t take disappointment easily and often live in your own creative world. Yet you make friends effortlessly, have a tremendous heart of gold, an imagination that entertains for hours, and a sense of humor that warms my soul and makes me laugh daily.

I know you will do well in Kindergarten. You have been blazing a path for yourself from the very beginning. I am so proud of you and amazed every day by how much you have learned already! Every day you teach me something new and I love learning and growing each day through you.

I only hope you know that I am here for you every step of the way. If your classmates are mean (as kids so easily can be) or someone on the bus hurts your feelings, I want you to talk to me. If reading or writing challenges you, I will be there to help you figure it out. If you have exciting stories of grand adventure to share from your days at school, I will listen to every word and thrill with you in every turn. And if, at the end of a long day of running, laughing, and learning with friends, you simply want to be, I will gladly snuggle up next to you (and Green Blankie) and quietly watch Good Luck Charlie.
Go get ‘em, Bug.


Big Bug Hugs and teeny tiny kisses,
I love you,
Mom


No comments: