Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook...February 15, 2011

FOR TODAY...February 15, 2011
Outside my window...I have no idea.  I started my new modified work schedule today to accommodate Dave's new training schedule for his promotion (!) and I haven't seen outside for 6 hours...in about 4 hours I can let you know...of course it will be dark then as I'm finally driving home, so I doubt I'll have much to report.  Luckily I only have to do these long days for a few weeks (and only sporadically amongst those weeks).

I am thinking...that whatever I ate for lunch did not like me.  I suddenly have heartburn and I can't remember eating anything volatile.  Maybe it was that evil orange?  Who knows...

I am thankful for...five minutes to compose my thoughts (here) now that my grant (that was due today) is done.  I have two more due on Friday that I have to quickly move on to, but for now...I'm enjoying this little break.

From the kitchen...again,when I get home my hubby said he'd have dinner ready for me, but after 12 hours away from my house, I'll want to see my kids first and foremost...dinner will wait.
I am remembering...a list of things I want to do prior to our big cross country train trip to Portland, Oregon in a few weeks (33 days, I believe!) :)  I want to be uber prepared with activities and all the comforts of home while keeping our carry on luggage to a minimum and minimizing (as much as possible!) the clutter that I'll inevitably wind up lugging around even if the boys start out with it.


I am going...to hit the Post Office on my way home to drop off this grant proposal.  Then I'm heading home to snuggle with my boys and relax with my hubby.


I am hoping...to find an alternative to Dave going back to midnights or evenings at work.  If I could use the next few weeks with all my PTO to establish something (freelance writing, grants, ??) I could give him a reprieve from the duty he's been dilligently working for 5 years now...and in return, give myself some much desired time with my (growing much too quickly) boys while providing myself with an opportunity to do something I'd really like and possibly be good at.

I am hearing...office noises.  People chattering, machines running.  Fingers clicking on keyboards.

Pondering these words...
Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.  Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart.  Let me not pass you by in the quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.  Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. –Mary Jean Iron

Also (from my friend "Meredity" at work):
"Parenthood is where your good intentions go to die."   So, true!  The best plans...*sigh*

Around the house...don't know.  Not there :(

On my mind...so many things.  Too many to list here just now.  I wish I could adequately convey them in a profound blog post but that doesn't happen lately.  So the thoughts just bounce around in my head, ping-ponging off one another until they (hopefully!) eventually come out in coherent thoughts and ideas.

Noticing that...if I don't just sit down and crank this out, I get easily distracted and then lose my train of thought and by the time I post this it's disjointed and confusing and doesn't make much sense. 

One of my favorite things...I'm digging my iPod this week.  With all the grants I have due at work it is instrumental in keeping my focus, my sanity, and my deadlines!  I have two more (grants) due this Friday so I will be (quite literally) tethered to this thing for the forseeable future.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  getting my grants done, taking a day off and taking the boys ice skating for the first time (fun!), Nate starts his swimming lessons this weekend, and Tiff & I are planning to take the kids to see Aladdin at one of the local colleges.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...this is my Goddaughter, Lydia.  She (and her two brothers) just turned 10 (!) a month ago and she is something special!  I don't get to see her as much as I used to but I think about her all the time and can't wait until we can be pen pals!  I am pulling together some goodies to send her for scrapbooking (which is something I hope we can do together someday!) - I love you, Lydia!


Stop over to Simple Woman's Daybook and check out other daybook entries here!

No comments: