Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook...February 1, 2011

FOR TODAY...February 1, 2011

Outside my window...nothing.  Although they are calling for a "storm of historical proportions" tonight and tomorrow.  Supposedly we're going to get a foot or two of snow over a short period of time.  The weatherman are using words like "crippling" and "snowpocalypse" - it all seems awfully dramatic, but we shall see.

I am thinking...about the changes that are going on in life right now.  Dave has been offered a promotion at work which is huge.  I'm so proud of him and happy that he accepted it.  Now I have to make it work for him.  I promised him I would.  I know it will all work out, I just wish I knew how at this point.  I have faith so it will all fall into place.

I am thankful for...a job that is willing to be flexible to work around some of the changes going on.  They haven't answered my proposal to work an alternate schedule while Dave is in training for his promotion, but my direct supervisor (who is fabulous!) has said he'll do what he can to help me out so that's awesome.  We'll see how it works out.  I'd hate to have to quit.  I (generally) like my job and really need the income.

From the kitchen...popcorn.  The boys and I are snuggling on the couch together as I type this watching Despicable Me (or "pickle me" as Alex calls it).  I popped some popcorn for our movie and Nate said "What about the melted butter?!?  Grandma puts melted butter on top".  Thanks, Mom!  :)

I am wearing...my fuzziest PJs.  Warm and cozy.  *sigh*

I am remembering...a long list of things I had wanted to get done tonight.  Between watching the ever growing list of school closings, snuggling with the boys, and finally getting this post up on my blog, it's almost 10 PM and I'm tired so that list will probably have to wait.

I am going...to check on the weather again in a few minutes.  Last I looked it wasn't doing anything, but the weather channel had said it should start up after 10 PM so I'll see if anything is happening.

I am reading...the same books I've been reading and haven't gotten back to in a long time.  I really need to do that.

I am hoping...for a snow day tomorrow.  Or at least a day that I can work here at home and not have to waste my day driving to/from work in horrible weather.  I could really use a snow day tomorrow to get away from the office politics.  I'm much more productive here at home with my boys anyway.

I am hearing...snowmobiles outside, I think.  The sounds of Nate fighting crime in his bedroom.  He's decked out in an army hat, wearing a belt with a sword, harpoon, laser gun and pirate hook stuffed in it, and carrying a pop gun and welder's helmet.  He's well-equipped for any such disaster.

Pondering these words..."As we grow up, we don't lose friends, we just learn who the real ones are" - Unknown

Around the house...mess and chaos.  I desperately need to purge the boys toys and get rid of some of their clutter.

On my mind...some drama that's been going on at work.  One of my very good friends has been squirrelly for more than a week now.  She claims she's not mad at me for anything, that she just has stuff going on, but her actions don't back that up.  She hasn't talked to me in weeks, doesn't return my text messages, yet everything seems hunky dory with our other friends in the office so I'm not sure what I said/did to push her away.  I would think if she truly had things going on that were bothering her she'd want to talk to me, but perhaps I'm over stating my importance.  I tend to do that a lot.  I've had a couple incidences recently where I think I'm more important to a friend than I really am.  I assume we're tight, that they'd confide in me, and then quickly realize that I am not the first, second, third, fourth, or even 115th person they turn to when they have something big to share or a problem to discuss.  It makes me wonder if I'm really that significant to anyone or if I overstate my importance across the board.  It just feeds into my theory of being invisible.  I'll get used to it someday.

Noticing that...I haven't posted anything on my blog in over a week...that's sad.  I've started several things but my thoughts have been so scattered lately that nothing ever gets finished or is up to par when it is.  I have to clear my head so it makes sense.

One of my favorite things...my photo-a-day blog.  It's been a lot easier to keep up on than I thought and I like the journal of my year that it's keeping.

A few plans for the rest of the week: snowstorm that may or may not interfere with my plans to see Heidi & family tomorrow, library, sledding with Tiff & Brie this weekend!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My handsome Bug.

5 comments:

amber_mtmc said...

You are not invisible. Friendships are tricky and I can't offer more than that but, once again, you are NOT invisible.

Tifkota said...

You are always the first person I think to share things with. You are the first person I ask for an opinion from, or need perspective from. You are FAR from invisible. Friendships shouldn't feel like work. You put forth efforts because you WANT to, because that person is important to you.
I have more to offer on this topic, and will do so on Saturday. I hope this posts! XOXO

Jenn said...

My kids love sledding!

charis said...

great daybook!

E Craft Classes said...

Remember those words to ponder. REAL friends won't make you feel invisible. Hopefully they will realize how significant they are to you and begin to cherish that.