Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...May 18, 2010

FOR TODAY...May 18, 2010

Outside my window...gray skies.  Again.

I am thinking...I will try to keep this short today so people will want to read it.  :)

I am thankful for...my family.  I'm sure I say that all the time but this past weekend we had a family dinner planned that I thought I would have to miss because Nate wasn't feeling well.  They told me to bring him over anyway and he did well most of the day but then threw up and cuddled up on the couch with a fever.  I am so thankful that my family loves us unconditionally and let us be there with a sick kid.  And it means a lot that Nate felt comfortable enough at Grandma and Grandpa's to be sick there...not once did he ask to go home.  That speaks volumes!

From the kitchen...I haven't been doing much cooking at all lately.  We eat out a lot because we're always on the run and with the house showings we've had the last couple days it's easier to get the kids out of the house and feed them then try to keep the house clean around them and clean up after a meal.  Lazy, I know.

I am wearing...work clothes.  I wish they weren't so tight and unflattering but that's another topic for another day.

I am remembering...to keep this short.  It's hard.  There's so much I want to say and I feel the incessant need to (over) explain everything!  Usually for me, though.  My memory is so bad if I don't elaborate, I'll forget what I was talking about later :)

I am creating...I finally got my NYC photos uploaded to Kodak so I'd like to work on creating a photo book of our trip.  I'd like to do that with our Arizona trip, the boys' first years, and a few other "topics" that are easy to break out.  We'll see if I actually get to them...

I am going...to fold all the laundry tonight.  It's taking over my basement and looks sloppy for house showings.  It's all CLEAN, but needs to be folded and put away.  That's on my agenda for tonight.

I am hoping...the two house showings we have today pan out.  One is a second showing from yesterday.  The woman is looking for a house for her 80-year-old mother who lives in Florida right now.  Our tiny ranch would be perfect for her with a few modifications to accommodate her walker.  They were here for over an hour yesterday and today she is bringing her brother in from Albion to take a look at it.  We shall see!

I am hearing...my computer fan, someone talking somewhere. 

Pondering these words..."There seems to be an automatic assumption that negative is realistic and positive is unrealistic." - S Jeffers

Around the house...NOTHING *sigh* - it's remarkably clean and I like it.  Although it takes constant attention and work to keep it that way on the heels of two small children, but it looks nice and feels accomplished.

On my mind...lots of things.  The house selling, packing and moving, Nate's last day of school on Thursday, Alex's excessive crying lately, my weight loss plans, my ever-growing to-do list.  It goes on and on...

Noticing that...I've been sneezing a LOT today...Is it a bad allergy today?  I just had a cold a couple weeks ago, surely I can't be getting sick again, Right?!?!

One of my favorite things...sleep.  I wish I got more of it.  It seems like a gigantic waste of time usually, but it's SO necessary to my mental health. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Mama Lunch tomorrow, Walk 'N Talk with Heidi, Nate's last day of school, Open House on Sunday, whatever else comes our way!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

No comments: