Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...September 14, 2010

FOR TODAY...September 14, 2010
Outside my window...the sun is shining.  The fall temperatures have crept in (which is ok by me...).  I noticed the leaves starting to change on my drive into work this morning!

I am thinking...about my brother and sister-in-law who are just (2!) weeks away from welcoming my nephew into the world!  Now begins the dreaded "waiting game" and I sympathize!  I hope for a quick and easy (and safe!) delivery for all involved!

I am thankful for...the time spent with my mother-in-law at dinner last night.  She is a fantastic woman and she and Nate are so cute together.  She has recently been diagnosed with cancer and has decided at her age not to take any action against it so I am thankful for any time we have to build memories with her.  She was telling stories of Dave's father last night which was nice to hear.  It's difficult to get Dave to talk about anything much less his family so I was grateful for a glimpse into his past.

From the kitchen...I am trying really hard at eating better and keeping better options around the house.  I started Weight Watchers two weeks ago and have (only!) lost 1.6 lbs or something.  It's frustrating.  It's also hard to coordinate with everything else that's going on (start of school for Nate, pacifier send off for Alex which is affecting his sleeping schedules, work, new house, etc.)  It takes time to weigh and measure and think but it's getting out of those habits that got me here in the first place!!

I am wearing...a sweater and skirt.  It's chilly (comparatively) today!  I'm happy to be back in jackets and layers, though...it helps me hide my trouble areas.

I am remembering...mi Abuelita.  Her birthday is Thursday.  She would have been 93.  I can't believe she's been gone for a year and a half already.  I have a special post coming up for her birthday in her memory. 
Siempre en mi corazón, Abuelita. Le pierdo.

I am creating...a patch board for Nathaniel to display the fire department patches he's collected.  I'd like to get his firefighter room put together before winter.  I'll see if we can work that into our budget/plans. 

I am going...to be busy for the next couple of weeks. September always proves to be busy, I think, but this year, with Nate starting Pre-K, and just having moved in, it's been crazier than usual. 

I am hoping...to be able to work exercise into this hectic week.  So far I have not been able to squeeze it in and I know that will help jump start my weight loss!  Unfortunately with Alex's bedtime fiasco's of late, I haven't been able to get both boys to bed and sleeping before 9:30 and by then I'm in settle down mode myself and deemed useless at that hour.  If I don't fall asleep with them, I usually do shortly after getting them to bed.

I am hearing...Zac Brown Band on my iPod...their music makes me very happy!

Pondering these words..."When I feel my world crumbling around me.. I look in my baby's eyes and am reminded why I must always stay strong" - My cousin had this posted as her Facebook status and it's so true.  There are many days when my children give me the motivation I need just to get out of bed and function.


Around the house...boxes, piles, and clutter.  I need a good solid weekend when the kids are occupied to tackle the mess that is my house.  It would also help to make it a priority, which my procrastinating nature has a hard time doing. 

On my mind...the Photoshop class that Heidi and I are starting tomorrow!!  I'm so excited about it!  I hope it teaches me what I need to take my photos to the next level!

Noticing that...it's very quiet around here today.  Which I like.  It makes for a better thinking day.  I feel less chaotic and cluttered when it's quiet.   I think that's why I turn off the TV at night when the kids are in bed.  It's more peaceful that way.

One of my favorite things...Alex just learned to say "I love you" and it's SO cute.  It warms my heart!!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Photoshop class tomorrow, setting up with my sister for a garage sale she's having this weekend, spending the night with my sister to hang out at the garage sale on Saturday, then some family fun for the weekend since Dave is actually off!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 Cousins - September 4, 2010
Nate and Alex got to spend the day with Kensie at the zoo for her birthday 
- we're about to add another cousin to our brood - and can't wait!

No comments: