Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's The Little Things Thursday...Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder


It's true what they say...Absence does in fact make the heart grow fonder.  Or at least it would seem so in regards to my two boys.  For at least 22 hours a day, I feel like I'm yelling at them to stop fighting.  Stop hitting each other.  Stop being mean to one another.  Start sharing.  Stop taking his toy.  Don't stand on your brother's head.  You get the idea.  That's why it's so heart warming when I get photo messages from my husband that show my two boys embracing in brotherly love every day when Nate gets off the bus from school.  Now mind you, he's only gone for 3 hours and during that time you know full well that Alex is reveling in the opportunity to play with all of Nate's toys uninterrupted and without repercussion.  However, when Nate gets off that bus, Alex yells "Brah!" and they run to each other and hug like long lost friends, it's priceless.  Someday I hope to be able to see this in person rather than just in cell phone photos (since I'm always at work when he gets home), but I'll take what I can get for now!


In the meantime, these are the little things that make this journey of Motherhood SO worthwhile!  Please join my friend, Heidi, and I in remembering these little things.  Stop over to Starts at Eight and check out other stories!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This is definitely a moment! So sweet to see them lovin each other!