Thursday, September 2, 2010

All Time High = All Time Low

I'm at an all time high. 

But before you applaud or rejoice or say "yippee", let me explain.  Never in my 34 years of life have I ever weighed THIS much.  Ok, I take that back...I did when I was 6 months pregnant with either of my children, perhaps.  But without the excuse of having an entire other human being in my body, I have never weighed as much as I do now.  This does not make me happy.

Thus, my "all time low".

Nathaniel was using one of my t-shirts (that I don't wear anymore because it's unflattering-ly tight) as a pillow the other day and said "What's this Mom?" - when I told him it was Mommy's t-shirt, he said (incredulously) "No, it's not Mom!  This is too small!   This is a shirt from when I was baby!".

I'm in a funk and I need to defunk-tify.  (Yes, it's a word.  I swear!)  I'm tired of being one of those Moms.  The kind you see and feel bad for because they've "let themselves go".  The words: frumpy, homely, uncool, and boring come to mind.  I want to be someone my children can be proud of.  I want to set good examples for them as far as eating healthy and being active go.  I don't want them to be embarrassed of me when they get older.   I want to fit back into cute clothes, and not have my wedding rings fit so snugly.  I want to feel pretty again and not worry that people are judging "the fat girl" for every little thing I put in my mouth.  I want to feel comfortable in my own skin again.

So, I vow to do something about it.

I joined Weight Watchers Online yesterday and have officially started meticulously tracking my points online today.  I will work exercise into my daily routine.  I will eat better, eat less, make healthier choices.  I have enlisted the aide of some of my best supporters and motivators for encouragement. 

So here's to big changes (and hopefully big LOSSES!) in the coming months...better Me, here I come!  

No comments: