Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Is anyone still out there?!?

I realize it has been AGES since I posted anything here.  I guess you could say I've been in a bit of a slump, to say the least.

Plenty has been going on, sure.  But when I sit down to write about it, I go blank.  Nothing of interest comes out.  So I'd close up my computer, check Facebook one last time, and generally go to bed.

Well, next week my "baby" boy turns 4 (!) and I vow to stay true to Alex's Birthday Week 2012 so I thought I'd bring everyone up to speed in the meantime.

When last we "met", I believe I was showing off the boys' new judo skills.  Well that was nearly two months ago!!  Since that time the summer has come and gone.  The boys are back in school.  Nate started 1st grade and Alex headed off to Universal Pre-K!

We went on our vacation to the 1000 Islands and had a great time!  I got tons of photos and have stories to remember, but I never did get a chance to share!

Old friends came to visit.  We've been camping...Had picnics, bonfires, cookouts and parties...Completed another season of Tee Ball...Ate a lot of ice cream...Frequented carnivals and festivals.  It's definitely been a busy, FULL, and fabulous summer!

And then, on August 25th, we said our final goodbyes to my mother-in-law, Diane, who now has a new home up amongst the angels.  It's been hard and sad, no doubt.  But since she passed away, I have seen the family come together, reminisce, and share some amazing stories...all while building NEW memories together.  It really is the silver lining to this otherwise dark cloud!!  I have learned so much about my mother-in-law that I never knew!  She truly was a strong and amazing woman!  And the best part?  For the first time in our 10+ years together, I have finally gotten my hands on some of my husband's BABY PICTURES!!  I haven't seen a single one until now!  He was so stinkin' cute, I am beside myself!

So, it's been a bit crazy around here!  I promise to share some photos soon and perhaps elaborate on some of the above.  I even have a ton of junk floating around my head I'd like to get out and let breathe!

Until then, I'll share this photo of summer fun!  "Talk" to you soon!


1 comment:

Sherry said...

Welcome back! :) Love that picture, does Alex have on any pants, ha!