Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook...April 5, 2011

FOR TODAY...April 5, 2011

Outside my window...it’s a typical gray April day.  Cold, rainy, ick.  We had a nice warm (yet breezy) day yesterday so it was a sprig of hope that Spring is coming…

I am thinking...more wondering, actually, when enough is enough.  After (another) failed attempt at reaching out to a friend of mine who for some reason has totally written me off, I’m beginning to think it’s time to just move on.  While I have NO idea what went wrong or where I zigged so badly while she zagged, it’s just gotten too hard to invest so much emotion and energy into something that obviously is one sided.  It makes me sad, but dwelling on it hurts too much, so perhaps it’s time to just carry on - time to stop stressing and wondering and worrying.  Perhaps it’s simply time to stop trying.  

I am thankful for...the friends I do have.  The ones I know are true and real and lifelong.  I’ve been super blessed in that department and I honestly don’t know what I would do without them to (constantly) lift me up and make me a better person.

From the kitchen...there is very little until we do some grocery shopping.  Since returning from Oregon, we have not done any grocery shopping so our cupboards are pretty bare.  I hope to stock up on healthy options to assist with my desire (NEED!) to lose some weight!

I am wearing...my iPod to block out distractions and give me some peace.  

I am remembering...the details of my FABULOUS trip to Oregon last week.  I am trying to write them all down so I can put photos to them and get some of my thoughts/memories on my blog before I lose it all!  

I am going...to finish and post the (many) drafts I have started and don’t want to forget…I have a (1/2 birthday) memory post started for Alex, too.   He has so many little quirks at his age that are fleeting too quickly and I want to capture.  

I am hoping...to get my house back into shape this weekend.  There is so much to do to catch up from while we were away…laundry, cleaning, organizing, etc.  

I am hearing...a random mix of tunes from my iPod (Foreigner, Eric Church, various show Soundtracks, New Kids, Nic Cowan, etc.)  

Pondering these words...“Save your strength for things that you can change, forgive the ones you can’t…you gotta let it go.”  - Zac Brown Band, Let it Go

Around the house...lots to do.  We just got 6 chicks that need care (and protection from little hands!). Dave is in the process of building them a chicken coop because they get more and more ambitious every day and are trying very hard to escape their current digs.

On my mind...changes.  There seem to be a lot of them lately - Changes in season - Changes in schedules/routine - Changes at work that could greatly impact my current comfort level.  

Noticing that...we live in a beautiful country.  I loved traveling to see new places and new things.  There were so many gorgeous sights to behold.  I also noticed that a lot of the things that I thought were so spectacular on our trip out West are right here in my own backyard.  I just take them for granted here.  I’m trying to take a fresh look at our surroundings to see things the way a tourist would.  I’m looking at things and asking myself, “would I want to take a picture of that if I didn’t see it everyday?” – It’s fun to see my every day in a new light.

One of my favorite things...chocolate and peanut butter.  I’m obsessed, actually.  If they had rehab for this sort of thing I would have to check myself in.  No wonder I can’t commit to a weight loss plan…this stuff is dangerous!!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Nate has his last swimming lesson this weekend and I’m taking him to see Lion King at the theater.  So exciting!  

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
 
I brought the boys to and took photos at a fire department training over the weekend and this was my favorite shot of Dave working the hose.  They were "drafting" (pulling water from a farmer's pond and transferring it back and forth between the trucks to "fight the fire") - It was cool to witness and (of course!) the boys LOVED it! 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I loved this photo too! Of all the ones you posted, this was one of my favorites!