Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...April 6, 2010

FOR TODAY...April 6, 2010


Outside my window...the sunny, unseasonably warm skies have gone gray.  They're calling for thunderstorms today which is ok by me...I love sitting in my garage and watching them roll through! 

I am thinking...about preparations for my big trip to Arizona next week!  I am leaving the boys at home and while I'm SUPER excited about making this trip with my sister, I am going to miss them and worry about them while I'm gone.  Not that they won't be in excellent hands (home with Daddy) but still...I can't help but worry!  I have a lot to do before next week though!  Laundry to catch up on, packing to get done, and so on.

I am thankful for...my sister!  She is going shopping with me this afternoon in search of a flattering dress for the wedding in AZ.  It's a big undertaking seeing as I have about 40-50 lbs to lose, so "flattering" is a hard concept!  I hate dress shopping but I want to be comfortable and not look like a house!  My sister has fantastic taste and style and helps alleviate some of the "shock" of trying on dress after dress that looks horrible.  She's good at eyeballing them and knowing if it's even worth trying.  I love my baby sister!

From the kitchen...my Keurig is brewing a fresh, hot cup of mint tea.  I love my Keurig!!

I am wearing...my usual fare.  Comfy pants, t-shirt.  I would live in them 24/7 if it were possible!

I am remembering...Nathaniel falling asleep while cuddling with me last night.  It was the highlight of my week!  He told me he wanted to "camp out" like we did last weekend so I told him he could come sit with me until his movie was over.  He snuggled up and before I knew it he was snoring in my lap!  Awww!  Seriously a moment to soak in! 

I am creating...to-do lists out the wazoo!  I have lists of things to pack for AZ, lists of things to accomplish for the house, list of projects I'm working on, etc.

I am going...dress shopping with my sister (see above)! 

I am hoping...to find the motivation and TIME to accomplish the MANY things looming over my head!

I am hearing...the world whipping by at an astonishing pace!

Pondering these words...I was venting to my father the other day about how Nathaniel has turned into a bratty 4-year-old in the last few weeks and I was THISCLOSE to not having the Easter bunny pay him a visit but couldn't figure out how to do that and NOT wind him up in therapy in 10 years.  My father said to me that "the Easter Bunny, like Santa Claus, HAS to come, but he doesn't always have to bring a lot"....Love these words!  So true!  I will be using this wisdom down the road, no doubt!

Around the house...There are projects going on everywhere.  We're trying to get the house de-cluttered, fixed up, and cleaned to put it back on the market and get out of the City.  Dave is replacing curtains, spackling cracks, and I'm supposed to find time to purge stuff, organize our mess and downsize to maximize our space.  It's a BIG project and I'm not doing very well with it so far!!

On my mind...my upcoming trip to AZ, several deadlines for work this month, trying to find the time to get the house ready to put it on the market.

Noticing that...this time of the year is always a crazy one.  I'm not sure if it's the Spring Fever thing but it seems March/April are always ridiculously busy for us!

One of my favorite things...weekends.  I LOVE weekends!  Busy ones, quiet ones, in between ones.  I just love not having to go to work and being able to wake up, enjoy a cup of coffee, watch my boys play, and NOT have to rush off anywhere right away.

A few plans for the rest of the week: dress shopping tonight, Walk 'N Talk with Heidi, laundry, packing, cleaning, and hopefully playing outside with the boys a lot more!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I love the dreamy look in Alex's eyes here...it makes me happy!  "Bo-Bo!"

Be sure to check out other entries at Simple Woman's Daybook!

No comments: