Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Day Book...January 4, 2010

Here's a new thing I thought I'd try out...from Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.  It's a list of questions to answer each Monday - a simple journal of sorts, I'd say. Here's my first stab at it...




FOR TODAY...January 4, 2010

Outside my window...the snow is flying, the wind is blowing, it's 15 degrees.


I am thinking...of having a bowl of Special K for an evening snack.


I am thankful for...the silence that takes over my house after the boys are asleep.


From the kitchen...a soft glow is pouring from the light above the sink, dirty dishes are calling, refrigerator is humming (hope that's not a problem!)


I am wearing...my comfy polka-dot pjs and fuzzy socks.


I am remembering...to pack a box of baby clothes I am sending off to a mother in need through Pass it On, Baby!.  I've been putting it off too long and can't forget to pack that stuff up so I can get it to the post office tomorrow and off to the woman who needs it more than I do!


I am creating...an idea in my head for how to make Dave's birthday special on Thursday.


I am going...to get the rest of this lingering laundry folded and put away before I head to bed.  I think I can, I think I can...


I am reading...blogs.  That's all I have time for these days.  Keeping up with those is enough pressure!


I am hoping...Nathaniel's mouthiness of late is a direct result of his being bored and off school the past few weeks.  He starts back tomorrow and I don't want him to be mouthy to the teachers the way he has been at home!


I am hearing...NOTHING.  Ahhh...it's so nice!


Pondering these words...We probably wouldn't worry about what people think about us if we could knew how seldom they do.   -Olin Miller   This was the quote of the day on our company's intranet and I really like them.  I am formulating a blog post around them...stay tuned.


Around the house...toys are strewn about in every nook and cranny, laundry needs folding, dishes need washing.


On my mind...so many things!  I want to get a hold of Steve to see when I might get my hard drive and iPhoto library back and running again.  It's stressing me out to have no recent photos to easily access and piles (literally!) of memory cards backing up on me that need to be uploaded.  My photo a day blog is behind again and I have so many blog ideas floating around in my head that need pictures to supplement them.  Not to mention all the weekly "contests" (I heart Faces, You Capture) I am missing!!!


Noticing that...typing the paragraph above gave me a headache.  I need to take Nathaniel's advice and "Just breathe in, Honey".


One of my favorite things...these pjs and fuzzy socks.  (Ok, so that's two...it's late!)


A few plans for the rest of the week:  Celebrating Dave's birthday on Thursday, getting Nate back into the swing of school, holiday party for work that I need to find a babysitter for, craft project for Nate


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

It's not often that I have (let alone SHARE) a photo of my husband and I but this one was taken during our weekend at camp for opening day of hunting season and I quite like it.  So, in honor of his 46th birthday on Thursday (the 7th) and our 4th anniversary this past New Year's Eve...I love you, Babe!

No comments: