Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happiness is...

watching my children sleep.  

The pure innocence.  The quiet.  The simple peace.  They each have their own predictable sleep position.  Alex is on his stomach with his butt in the air or on his side, hands sticking out next to him.  Nate is sprawled out on his back, covered in 17 fleece blankets (even when his room is 80 degrees) and completely surrounded by stuff.  





No matter how chaotic or challenging the day has been, sneaking into their rooms when they're fast asleep and nuzzling their soft faces makes it all worth while.  I love my boys!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love this!! Pictures of sleeping babies get me every time...the tears come almost within the first millisecond of a glimpse of such an image. I never reacted like this until I had my own...and now when I see a sleeping child, I can smell the sweet baby scent, hear the lulling rhythm of their breath, and feel the warm, soft peace of their innocent slumbering bodies... My two are snoozing right now and it is innocence at its best! Great "happiness is"...I totally agree!