Thursday, September 10, 2009

10 on 10 : September 2009

Today was one of those days. It wasn't lucky, or cute, or quirky like yesterday (9/9/09) or historical and reverent like tomorrow will be (9/11). It was just one of those days when you swear there is a full moon or that surely everyone has succumbed to the evils of crack.

In fact, I have dubbed today Hell Day 2009, the last day of Hell Week 2009. I had a big grant due today that was stressing me out all week and just as if my children sensed it and thought it wise to help out as best they could, they were completely off the wall today. Nate was mouthier than usual, obstinate, uncooperative, and overly difficult. Alex was mysteriously inconsolable all day. Crying, bitching, fussing, whatever you want to call it...all day long. We're not sure if it's his teeth, tummy problems, or separation anxiety issues since he was fine if I was holding him, but he was miserable. Nate didn't nap (per usual) and gave my husband such a hard time today that he literally zoomed past me so quickly on his way out to work that I barely saw his face...just a blur that whizzed by and shouted "Good Luck!" over his shoulder. He couldn't wait to get out of the house.

My husband put it best when he said "today is a day that just needs to be over so we can appreciate better days".

With that said, I finally have the kids in bed, a glass of wine poured, and nothing planned for my evening other than folding 6 loads of laundry and packing three people for an impromptu weekend trip up North. But that's much less than what is usually jammed in my 5lb bag! I do have to say I was thankful today to have the distraction of this month's 10 on 10 to focus on between the harried craziness of pulling this grant together (and helping my boss with the three others he had to get in, too!). It was nice to have an "excuse" to purposefully look for the beauty in an otherwise chaotic day. So, without further ado (and with no particular theme to speak of), here is August's 10 on 10 for your visual enjoyment (?):












No comments: