Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happiness is...

impromptu dance parties and popcorn picnics.  

Nothing makes my soul sing like dancing around the living room with my boys when a song comes on Noggin or CMT.  There's something about the catchy beat of Nickelodeon's aptly named Fresh Beat Band or a slow ditty by Sugarland to get me to my feet.  Nate will drag me by the hand and say "Get up, Mommy!  Let's dance!" or I'll scoop up Alex and swing him around to the beat of a favorite song.  

Tonight was one of those nights.  After Alex went to bed, Nate and I sat at his Little Tykes table with a shared bowl of popcorn and two glasses of milk (or, in my case, water) and had a popcorn picnic while watching Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! (a household favorite, I suppose you could say).  

In between the shows (where other stations air commercials) Noggin does "puzzle time" and plays songs (from the Laurie Berkner Band, Dora the Explorer or the Fresh Beat Band, etc.) and we danced to every one.  

Ahhhh....It was cathartic for my soul.

2 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

ME TOO. :)

We love ourselves a dance party over here. Always lifts us. (sometimes literally...get it? A lift? In dancing? Yeah, I know. Hilarious!!!)

Thank you for your comment on my Cold Feet in the Grass post. I appreciate it more than I can say. I'm so glad it resonated.

Peace to you,
Heather

Tifkota said...

I love to know that you guys are dancing to the same tunes in your living room. Brie LOVES the Fresh Beat Band. She also loves Laurie Berkner, especially the Family song. I have got to find that on CD.
LOVE this post! It makes my heart smile to think of you being happy!