Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook...January 18, 2011

FOR TODAY...January 18, 2011

Outside my window...rain.  It's a cold and miserable day.  But I'm in NYC.  So it's all good!

I am thinking...some fun stuff to do with the kids tomorrow while Tiff has to work.  Maybe we'll see what's within walking distance, or do a fun scavenger hunt in the hotel.  We shall see...

I am thankful for...friends who inspire me to be a better person, challenge me to step outside of my comfort zone, and encourage me to reach for my dreams!

I am wearing...comfy pants, t-shirt, robe...I actually haven't changed all day.  So much nicer than my work "uniform"!

I am remembering...to update my photo-a-day blog...I'm a few days behind so I need to catch up!

I am creating...a plan for our "hotel-schooling" for tomorrow.  Nate and Brie are getting a "lesson" each day while they're missing school - it's "M" week and Mrs. Downey sent home a packet of activities for us to work on while we're gone.  So, tomorrow we'll do our reading, practice our letters, and pick an activity to work on . 

I am going...to bed early tonight.  I'm hoping getting more than 6 hours of sleep will help with my patience level tomorrow.

I am hoping...Nate gets a good night's sleep so he is less argumentative and more cooperative tomorrow.  Today was a challenging day.

I am hearing...Brielle's bath running, PBS in the background, and Nate going on a fire call.  

Around the house...we're in a hotel suite so its not really our house, but we have stuff strewn all about...the kids (Nate & Brie) had "school" earlier and Alex's train tracks are still set up in the hallway.  

On my mind...nothing to speak of, really.  Which is nice.  I don't have work to worry about (for a few more days, anyway).  I miss my hubby but he's been busy at home working on projects so I can't wait to see his work!!

One of my favorite things...Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  Because of them, I may never be skinny.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Swimming at the hotel, hanging with Tiff & enjoying our last 4 days in NYC, driving home to see Daddy, whatever else comes our way!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The "crew" awaiting our train into the City.  It was cold yesterday but we had a big day (Tiff's birthday) to celebrate so it was the perfect day to get out and do it up big!  With no stroller it was a challenge so thank God Jessica was with us to help carry my load (Alex) or I would have pooped out early!

No comments: