Monday, October 19, 2009

Happiness is...

apple season.


There is nothing better than biting into a fresh, crisp, in-season apple in the Fall. I love apple season in NY. My favorites are empires but I'm a huge fan of the relative newcomer in apples, the Honeycrisp. This variety comes from cross-breeding the Macoun and the Honeygold apples and it is delicious. If you haven't tried it I suggest you do so, and PRONTO!

I really love everything about Autumn, really. The weather. The Fall festivities. All of the holidays around the corner.

But I especially love the apples. Everything about them.
Apple picking. Apple Festival.

Apple pies. Apple crisp.

And fresh made apple sauce smelling up the house and vacuum packed in the freezer to enjoy all winter long. Yum! It makes me so happy!

What makes YOU happy?

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Mmmmmmm, apple crisp is a favorite of mine, too! My mom has always made the best. I think I'll give her a call and put a request in! :)