Sunday, January 8, 2012

In the Wee Morning Hours...

It's 3 AM and I can't sleep.

I blame the cup of coffee I had at 8 o'clock...although it's probably more likely the 1,009 things I have bouncing around in my brain right now.

That's what brings me here.  To attempt a brain dump so I can go back to sleep...wish me luck!

Worry is primarily my topic of concern this evening (morning?).  Worry can be such a wasted emotion, for it doesn't solve anything yet still robs me of precious sleep and adds to my already high stress levels.

In a nutshell, my BFF has been having some mystery health issues (for someone who is the epitome of health and wellness, this is even more concerning!) - She's one of the strongest people I know so to see her "down and out" is distressing.  I wish I could swoop in, pick her up (as she always does for me) and make it all better.  I hope the recent round of testing she's had done comes back with some (positive and uplifting!) answers!

On a less dramatic note, Nate told me last night before bed that when he "swallowed spit, it hurt his neck really bad".  That has strep throat written all over it so I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse.  I've been up three times tonight just to check on him.  I'm not sure what I'm even checking for (fever?) except that it (temporarily) puts my mind at ease so I can go back to sleep for another hour or two.  Except this time.  He's sounds asleep without a care in the world, and I'm here!  :)

Alex has also been saying his "tummy hurts" for the last day or two.  For a kid who is so tiny and eats so little, it has his father and I questioning if maybe there isn't something more there.  As my baby, I think I worry about him more anyway.

And personally, this growing older thing stinks.  I know I'm only 35, but lately I've had so many aches and pains I can't help but worry about all the "ailments" that come with age.  I've put on WAY too much weight lately (and I already had too much as it was!) and I notice a significant difference in the way my joints feel as a result.  My hips hurt, my feet hurt.  My body image is at an all time low and I need to do something but that evil cloud of depression is making it difficult to put a plan into motion.  That's a whole other post for a different day, though.

So, for now...I guess I'll go waste, er, I mean spend some time over on Pinterest.  Maybe someone has a board of ideas on how to get back to sleep before my boys get me up at 6 AM.  G'night, all!

No comments: