Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...June 1, 2010

FOR TODAY...June 1, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is finally peeking through the gray skies.

I am thinking...I can't believe it's June already.  Where did May go?  June is proving to be a super busy month so hold on!

I am thankful for...the fan in my window.  It is HOT and sticky without it.

From the kitchen...the cupboards are bare.  I really need to go grocery shopping but everything I buy I know I'll have to pack and move so instead I'm trying to "use up" everything.  Which means we might be having a dinner of refried beands and corn muffins at some point in the not-so-distant future.

I am wearing...tight, unflattering clothes (I really need to DO something about this!) and no wedding rings!!  I took them off yesterday to put sunscreen on Alex and can't find them!  *SCREAM!*

I am remembering...to follow up with the lawyer, realtor, bank mortgage people, etc.  So many phone calls to make, papers to supply, boxes to pack. 


I am creating...a mess in the basement.  I laid boxes out all over the place and am filling them in the most organized fashion I know.  It's cathartic and much less stressful than my husband's "throw it in a box and we'll figure it out later" approach.


I am going...to meet my cousin and sister at a playground for dinner.  Brian is up visiting from North Carolina and had dinner over at Mom & Dad's on Friday.  Sarah had to miss dinner that night, though, because Kensington was sick so we're doing a make-up tonight with the kids (lucky Brian!)  :) 

I am reading...a LOT about firetrucks, firefighters, and fighting fires in general.  Nathaniel is OBSESSESED.  Everything in his world comes back to fighting fires.  He's a hero 24/7.  More to come on that in a future blog post!

I am hoping...to be able to keep up this pace and survive June and July.  So much to pack, so much to do, so many plans to make, phone calls to return. 

I am hearing...a soft breeze coming in my window.  Feels nice.

Pondering these words...
"...you never really know what’s inside of your kid until you say “yes” and give them the permission to show you."  An excerpt from a fantastic blog post I read earlier called Project Yes over at Bad Mommy Moments.  So true.  So true.

Around the house...boxes.  (Are you noticing a theme here?)  Piles of stuff to pack, give away, trash.  Complete chaos.

On my mind...anxiety and stress.  Now that the house is officially sold and we have another one officially in the works to move to, I'm stressed out about it.  Is this the right house, the right town, the right move?  Will we have enough cupboards in the new kitchen for all the stuff we have here?  How will the boys handle the move?  How will Dave and I handle the chaos and the work needed to make it OURS?  And so on...

Noticing that...I do better with deadlines.  Not that this is new.  But since getting official word that the new house is ours, the motivation to pack up and get out has picked up.  Now we HAVE to - there's nothing to fall through and no one changing their minds this time.  So smooth, so far.  I hope it stays that way!

One of my favorite things...lately, I'd say the fantastic supply of nice sturdy computer boxes we received from our friends, Heidi & Joey (THANKS again!!) and my tape gun.  Yes.  I said it, I am digging my tape gun.  It makes putting together the boxes and taping them up a BREEZE!  Love it!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Besides the usual fun stuff (Walk 'N Talk, dinner plans with my cousin), this week we have big plans to see our Precious Brie in her dance recital, we're doing a walk to support the Golisano's Children's Hospital (to donate to a great cause, please click here!), and my good friend, Shelby is having her baby shower.  Oh how I LOVE baby showers!!! 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This is my beautiful niece, Kensington, at the playground tonight where Sarah and I met up with our (long lost) cousin, Brian.  I felt bad for poor Brian who had to sit/stand alone in between snippets of adult conversation while we chased after our respective children, but it was great to see him anyway.  Good news is, he'll be back up this way in July for the Stanton Family Reunion! 

 (Oh, and I'm sorry about the quality of this photo as it was taken with the camera on my phone but it was a moment I couldn't pass up and came out pretty well, considering!)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Love the photo! Imagine how fantastic it would have been with the big camera!